Saturday 21 January 2012

Offbeat Baby Knits

I have another quilt or two currently in progress, and until they're done I thought I would post some knits I did a few years ago. I made them for my friends Tiff & Nick's first baby Samara, who is now of course a toddler. (Shame I wasn't quilting back then -- a missed opportunity for another offbeat baby quilt!)


cimg1533


cimg1537


I'm not sure if they ever got worn, although I totally appreciate how babies often outgrow "special" garments before they ever get an occasion to wear them. Regardless, I derived great joy in the making, and maybe now they will make suitable teddy/doll clothing. :)


I also made a little cow print set of a bib, booties, and nappy cover. I definitely saw Samara getting some wear out of this cow print bib -- Tiff's advice to me was that you can't have too many bibs. :)


cimg1546


cimg1545


Hmm seeing these old pics gives me the itch to pick up the knitting needles again. Maybe once my quilting bug subsides...

2 comments:

  1. Sam did wear the skulls jumper, and we used the cow bib and nappy cover, but we were such a mess back then we didn't take photos :( And sadly we had stashed away the gorgeous bolero and didn't find it again until she was too big for it. But they were all so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you got some wear out of them! :)

    ReplyDelete